What you will get from this course
In this course
Working through the course
- Fixed price billing
How fixed price billing works - from quote through to job
Fixed price billing - how to invoice
Creating the final invoice for fixed price billing
Making changes to a job after the quote is accepted
- Time based billing
How time based billing works from quote to job
Creating deposit and progress invoices for time based billing
Final invoice for time based billing
Reducing amount of time to invoice
- Different ways of managing rates
Having multiple task rates
Having multiple billing rates for staff
Where do the rates come from?
Updating base and billable rates
Invoicing and Financial
Whether you are time based billing or fixed prices, this course takes you through everything you need to know.
This series of video tutorials explains how invoices can be created for actual time and costs or for fixed prices.
You'll learn about:
- using a quote as the basis for fixed priced billing
- how using quotes can help you monitor and control work on jobs
- creating final invoices at the end of a job
- the purpose and use of staff billable and task billable rates
- creating progress invoices to bill for a deposit as a percentage of the quoted value of a job or for a set amount.
And you'll learn how to:
- set up quotes and jobs so they are ready to invoice
- adjust a quote to cover changes to the scope of the work
- reduce the amount being billed to a client by adjusting the billed hours
- set up multiple rates for staff and task billing.
Accessing Your Data
When you register for a WorkflowMax course in the SkillJar Learning Management System, you need to provide your name and email address.
As you complete courses, we record various items that allow you to track your progress. These include details of your advancement through each course, scores in quizzes, dates of completion, and course certificates.
You can contact us at any time to:
- Request access to information that WorkflowMax has about you.
- Correct any information that WorkflowMax has about you.
- Delete information that WorkflowMax has about you.
If you have any questions about our collection and storage of data in SkillJar, please contact us at email@example.com.
As WorkflowMax is a Xero company, please go to the Xero Privacy notice for further details.×